Located at No. 6 St James’ London, Lock & Co. Hatters was founded in 1676 by George James Lock, and continues to trade as a Hatter from the same premises today.
Over the centuries, Lock and Co. have supplied hats to the Military, the aristocracy, and more recently, celebrities. Their clients have included Lord Nelson, the Duke of Wellington, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Depp, and of course, many members of the Royal family.
Lock & co. where instrumental in the development of the ‘Coke’ or Bowler hat, which at one time, no city gent would be seen without!
Our ceramic features a display of gents hats in one window, with ladies in the other, and the shop name in 22crt gold.
Lock & Co is a numbered edition of just 500 pieces and measures 21.5cm (8 &1/2″) tall to the top of the chimney x10.2cm (4″) wide.